- I don’t write every day
- I don’t have “protected” writing time.
- Household tasks often get prioritized over writing.
- I don’t like literary fiction. I keep trying it, and I still find it pretentious.
- If asked, I’m more likely to say I work part-time in the library than I am to say “I’m a writer”.
- It’s unlikely you’ve read, bought or even seen anything I’ve written.
- I don’t write consistently within a single genre.
- I don’t have an agent or an editor.
- I don’t have elevator pitches for any of my work. Even the one I’m writing now.
- I struggle to publicise my own work without being self-deprecating or self-sabotaging.
I could have written that list. You write therefore you are.
Scribo ergo scriptorem.